Chagrin Valley Little Theatre depends on volunteer talent for all of its plays each season. Our auditions are open to anyone with an interest in performing in community theater. Age ranges, experience levels and other requirements change from production to production, so keep your eyes on us – you just may be the one we’re looking for!
Auditions are publicized right here on our website, as well as via our mailing list, our Facebook page, our Twitter feed and via Fred Sternfeld’s the Northeast Ohio Performing Arts List (NEohioPAL). You may also find our audition notices in your local newspapers from time to time.
- Unless specified otherwise, all CVLT auditions are open to all and no roles are pre-cast.
- No appointments are required.
- Come prepared to read from the script.
- Headshots and acting resumes are welcome, but not required.
- CVLT does not offer union contracts and performers are volunteers.
THE COUNTRY HOUSE
7 PM – January 28 & 29, 2018
by Donald Margulies
Directed by Brian Westerley
PLEASE RESERVE YOUR SLOT:
We will be taking auditionees in pairs beginning at 7 PM.
Auditions will consist of readings from the script. Headshots and acting resumes welcome, but not required.
“The story of a theatrical family coming to terms with the roles that they play in each other’s lives. Anna has gathered the family together at their country house in the Berkshires on the one-year anniversary of the death of her daughter. Restless egos and simmering jealousies derail the weekend, and what was to be a time for reminiscence, suddenly turns into something much greater.”
- SUSIE KEEGAN, 20s, a college student, plainly lovely.
- WALTER KEEGAN, 60s, a successful film and stage director, Susie’s father.
- ANNA PATTERSON, 60s, the matriarch, a great and famous actress, Susie’s grandmother.
- ELLIOT COOPER, 40s, a failed actor and aspiring playwright, Susie’s Uncle on her mother’s side.
- MICHAEL ASTOR, 40s, a ruggedly handsome and charismatic actor, a longtime family friend.
- NEIL McNALLY, 40s, an intelligent and inscrutable beauty, Walter’s new actress girlfriend
Performances Fridays & Saturdays March 23 – April 8, 2018 (Matinees 3/25, 4/8)
Rehearsals will begin in February
THE SAVANNAH SIPPING SOCIETY – Auditions April 3 & 4. Directed by Barbara L. Rhoades