The 10-10 Festival: Kids Edition
Original works by Young Playwrights
August 3 - August 19, 2018
Have you ever wanted to express yourself through dialogue?
Have you ever had a good idea for a script or some great characters?
Do you like theatre?
Then try your hand at playwriting!
Write a 10 minute play and submit it to the Chagrin Valley Little Theatre. All of the plays will be read by a committee of judges and then 10 plays will be selected to receive a production on CVLT’s River Street Playhouse Stage for the 10-10 New Plays Festival – Kids Edition in August, 2018!
- Plays can be submitted from anyone in grades 1 through 12.
- The plays can be about anything – they can be funny or serious.
- They should be no longer than 10 minutes.
- The play should be your own original idea!! Your teachers and parents can guide you and offer feedback, but the characters and ideas must be yours!
- Don’t copy any characters from TV or movies or videos, the story and characters have to be original!
- Please submit only your best script! Additional submissions by the same playwright will be discarded.
- SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 1, 2018
- Winners will be selected by May 1, 2018 for performance in August, 2018.
If you’ve never written a play before, make up a story that you want to tell. Decide who the characters are. Then write what the characters would say to each other to make that story happen. Describe the setting and the places where the characters are to help the readers imagine the play. Read some plays to see how it’s done. Have fun with it!
While digital submissions are preferred, if you absolutely cannot use the website, hard-copy submissions may be sent to the address below. When submitting by mail, you do not need to submit the form above – please include a cover letter with your responses to all the items listed in the form above along with your script. Do not send your only copy of the script, as no scripts can be returned.
CVLT 10-10 Festival
Attn: 10-10 Kids Edition
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022
Questions? Email 1010Kids@cvlt.org
Check our website in the spring to find out about auditions for actors who want to perform in the 10-10 Festival!